It seems that essentially the answer is Blue ones!
American research firm Curalate recently carried out a large research project on what image factors drive likes on photo sharing platform Instagram. The study looked at 30 different parameters using the likes of 8 million pictures. The result? They found that blue tinted images received 24% more likes.
But thats not all, to create the ultimate like attracting picture you should also factor in:
- Blue colour takes up 20% of the image.
- Reds and Oranges are definitely out.
- Leave a good amount of background with not to much close cropping.
- Pictures are well lit
- Use Walden or Rise filters
- To share on Twitter upload directly via Twitter app not Instagram share option.
- According to new research, going blue could get your more Instagram Likes (digitaltrends.com)